Teeth Whitening in Montreal
A beautiful smile is the window to the soul. Have you been ashamed of your teeth? Or their color? No reason to be ashamed anymore. Dr Wisdom uses simple and efficient techniques for teeth whitening.
Whitening your teeth is the most popular aesthetic treatment and that’s for a good reason. It’s safe, effective, affordable and doesn’t have long lasting negative effects on your teeth.
Teeth Whitening Treatments We Provide
Why get your teeth whitening at Dr. Wisdom? A dentist’s examination prior to whitening is mandatory. Some teeth can present sensitivity and gum loss and shouldn’t be whitened. You might have intrinsic stains caused by tetracycline, root canals or other conditions and whitening will turn out ineffective. Restorations like composite bonding, crowns, veneers can’t be whitened. You might need a cleaning or other dental treatments prior to whitening.
At Dr. wisdom, we offer two different types of whitening:
Philips ZOOM Laser Whitening
This method combines high percentage hydrogen-peroxide-based gel and a UV light. Your Zoom treatment will begin by placing a material to protect your gums from the solution. We then apply the gel and apply UV light for 3 to 4 sessions of 15 min each. At the end of the procedure, you will have the dazzling white smile you’ve always dreamt of. You will leave our office with a beautiful smile but will need to do touch-ups at home with home trays whitening if you want to keep the results. After all: easy come, easy go!
Home Whitening Custom Trays
For a long lasting whitening that will accompany you for the rest of your life. We also offer home trays, which are fabricated and customized for your teeth. On your first appointment, we will take impressions of your teeth, and our lab technicians will fabricate custom-fitted precise whitening trays for you. Then you will visit us in the few next days, to pick up your kit. Upon this visit, you will receive whitening syringes for the next 6 weeks. It’s a simple, easy-to-use, solution that will give you amazing results.
The cost of professional teeth whitening in Montreal can vary from clinic to clinic. At Doctor Wisdom, the Zoom whitening at the chair cost $600 and the whitening kit at home will cost $500. For optimal results, you can combine both for a total price of $700.
Our staff will make sure you get all the information you need regarding your next adventure. We will explain to you how to use your trays, what food and beverages to avoid, and how to make the most out of your whitening.
Our mission, at Dr. Wisdom’s dental center, is to offer the best treatments in Montreal and top-quality procedures, all in a painless atmosphere.
Teeth yellowing and staining are mostly caused by repeated exposure to staining ingredients or substances that slowly darken your teeth over time. It can also come from dental trauma or medications. Some of the common causes of tooth discoloration are :
- Foods and drinks such as coffee, tea, wine, turmeric, sauces, etc
- Tobacco use
- Poor dental hygiene
- Some diseases can affect enamel which can lead to teeth discoloration since you see more dentin
- Medications such as tetracycline can give teeth a greyish color or mouthwashes containing chlorhexidine can also stain teeth
- Dental materials like amalgam can also give a grey tint to the teeth and surrounding gums
- Aging can be a factor since the enamel becomes thinner and you see more of the dentin shining through
- An environment with excessive fluoride can also cause white spots on the teeth
- Trauma after an accident (a fall for example) can darken a tooth
Having your teeth whitened professionally is a quick and efficient way to boost your self-esteem and enhance the overall appearance of your smile. It is also a solution much cheaper than veneers if it’s only the color of your teeth that’s bothering you.
In most cases, the yellow discoloration can be improved with teeth whitening. However, brown or gray-toned teeth may not respond well or at all to whitening since it comes from inside the tooth. Whitening is also not recommended for:
- Pregnant and lactating women
- People who have restorations such as fillings, implants, crowns, veneers, and dental bridges as they will not change in color
- Children under the age of 18 since their teeth are not completely formed yet
- Patients with periodontal disease, tooth decay, cavities, and exposed root as we do not want to aggravate and/or compromise the integrity of the tooth
- Patients with sensitive teeth or who have a lot of receding gums
- Patients allergic to peroxide
- Patients who seek unrealistic or blinding-white results
To maintain the results of your dental whitening, we recommend:
- Avoiding any staining foods such as coffee, tea, sauces, acidic food, chocolate, etc
- Brushing your teeth well and flossing every day to prevent accumulation of plaque and stains
- Using a straw when drinking liquids
- Considering the use of a whitening toothpaste
- Rinsing your mouth with water after eating or drinking anything to avoid accumulation of staining agents on the teeth
- Quit smoking
- Consider touch-up treatments or follow up with the at-home whitening treatment for optimal results
Yellow stains on your teeth are often on the outermost layer of your tooth and these types of stains can commonly be corrected with whitening methods such as our Zoom teeth whitening and our home whitening kit. If your teeth discolouration comes from trauma or any medical condition, it may not whiten.
Professional teeth whitening is the best choice for permanently whiter teeth. The quick and lasting results combined with an increased comfortability make the treatment completely worth it.
Teeth whitening does not ruin your teeth if professionally done. All our products are safe to use and an examination will be done before teeth whitening to see if you are a good candidate or not. The whitening is also done in a controlled environment.
Teeth whitening will not last forever, you may need to do touch-ups over the years depending on your habits and genetics as some people’s teeth get yellow more easily.