Endodontics & Root Canal Treatments in Montreal
What is a root canal treatment?
A root canal treatment is a dental procedure used to treat infected or damaged tooth pulp. It involves removing the pulp, cleaning the area, and sealing it. This helps relieve pain and save the natural tooth. Dentists perform root canals using local anesthesia to ensure a comfortable experience for the patient.
You have an unsupportable toothache? The root canal treatment is often the solution. Dr Aoude, has performed over 1200 successful root canal treatments. Whether it’s your molar, premolar, canine or incisor, we can help you save the tooth and make it healthy again. The procedure is usually quick, comfortable, and can relieve your pain fast.
Root Canal Treatments in Montreal
Root canals are often prescribed to necrotic teeth or the ones with irreversible inflammation. They also can be prescribed if a tooth is fractured due to trauma. In two w ords: you get to preserve your natural tooth.
The first layer of the tooth, that you usually see and brush, is called enamel. The enamel covers a hard layer called dentin which contains, deep inside the tooth, the pulp. The pulp includes nerves, blood vessels and connective tissue which helps the tooth to grow during development. If the pulp is infected, due to deep caries, a trauma or other reasons, a root canal treatment is prescribed.
Signs and symptom of pulpal disease are:
- Exaggerated sensitivity to heat and cold
- Discoloration of the tooth
- Swelling and abcess
- Pain while chewing or pain in the gum
- A fistula – or pimple – on the gums
How does our Montreal modern dentistry clinic help? Having high-tech equipment, our dental center dentists perform root canal treatments like any other usual dental procedure: painless, fast and can be done in only 1 appointment!
Dr Wisdom uses the most advanced equipment to make your experience the most comfortable and seamless possible. However, the tooth can be sore after the procedure for a few days. Reach out to our office to schedule a consultation or ask questions about root canal treatment options.
Montreal Endodontics Clinic
By keeping your natural tooth, you prevent misalignment of your teeth and loss of function. Known as an endodontic treatment, it involves removing infected or dead pulp from the tooth.
If left untreated, the abscess caused by root canals infections can lead to serious oral health problems. With:
Why a root canal treatment?
- More efficient chewing and normal bite
- More natural appearance of your tooth
- More natural biting sensation
- Prevent other teeth from over function and excessive wear
- Prevent untreated abscesses and serious complications and health problems due to untreated infections
A root canal consists of these 3 basic steps:
- 1st: Removal of the Infected Nerve
- 2nd: Sterilizing & Shaping the Canals
- 3rd: Sealing the Canals with Rubber-Like Material
After the Root Canal Procedure:
- Expect soreness in your tooth for a few days up to 2 weeks.
- Avoid chewing for a few days, stick to soft foods.
- Have a dental crown done, the teeth are generally less nourished and weaker after a root canal treatment. A crown will prevent your tooth from fracture.
Give our office a call to schedule an appointment for your root canal treatment with one of our experienced dentists.