Endodontics | Root Canal in Montreal
You have an unsupportable toothache? The root canal treatment is often the solution. Dr Aoude, has performed over 1200 successful root canal treatments. Whether it’s your molar, premolar, canine or incisor, we can help you save the tooth and make it healthy again. The procedure is usually quick, comfortable, and can relieve your pain fast.
Root Canal Treatment
- Exaggerated sensitivity to heat and cold
- Discoloration of the tooth
- Swelling and abcess
- Pain while chewing or pain in the gum
By keeping your natural tooth, you prevent misalignment of your teeth and loss of function. Known as an endodontic treatment, it involves removing infected or dead pulp from the tooth.
If left untreated, the abscess caused by root canals infections can lead to serious oral health problems. With:
Why a root canal?
- for a more efficient chewing and normal bite
- for a more natural appearance of your tooth
- for a more natural biting sensation
- to prevent other teeth from over function and excessive wear
- to prevent untreated abscesses and serious complications and health problems due to untreated infections.
A root canal consists of these 3 basic steps:
- removal of the infected nerve
- sterilizing and shaping the canals
- sealing the canals with a rubber-like material
After a root canal:
- expect soreness in your tooth for a few days up to 2 weeks
- avoid chewing on it for a few days
- have a crown done on your root canal since the teeth are generally less nourished and weaker after a root canal. A crown will prevent your tooth from fracture.
Give our office a call to schedule an appointment for your root canal treatment with one of our experienced dentists.